The ideal Patient Coordinator Support Representative is an energetic, passionate individual who can put our patients first. Our people are dedicated to connecting with our patients by providing quality, consistent customer service in a relaxed but fast-paced and professional environment. This position is responsible for answering, screening, and directing incoming calls using a call management system. The Patient Coordinator Support Representative responds quickly and compassionately to patient inquiries and complaints and scheduling requests, keeps accurate and professional notes in patient charts, gathers appropriate demographic and insurance information needed for appointments, and occasionally performs outbound calls or other admin tasks as requested by the Leadership team.
- Respond to high volume inbound calls while compassionately handling questions/concerns from current and prospective patients.
- Schedule New Patient and Hygiene appts for your assigned practices
- Obtain proper insurance and demographic information using templates provided
- Provide exceptional service to convert New Patient inbound calls into scheduled appointments.
- Maintain clear and accurate notes of each patient interaction using proper written communication, grammar, and verbiage.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to provide additional administrative support as needed.
- Make outbound calls to reschedule missed appointments and schedule hygiene recalls as requested by the Leadership Team.
- Engage in positive and informative communication with all patients to build strong patient relationships.
- Maintain professional written and verbal communication with all hub and front desk team members at all times.
- Follow communication "scripts" when handling different topics.
- Obtain and relay all information required for Dr. /Treatment appointments using the provided Unscheduled Appt spreadsheet, keeping accurate notes in patient commlog.
- Remain at assigned workspace at all scheduled times, ready and available to receive calls while minimizing distractions and interruptions.
- Experience in a call center environment with the ability to manage high call volume
- Dental experience preferred.
- Focus on continuous improvement and ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Possess the internal drive and passion for helping make a difference in the everyday lives of individuals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A problem-solver
- Ability to follow through with commitments
- Desire to make a long term commitment to growing in and developing in the role
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Bilingual a plus
Hours are: Monday- Thursday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
"Together Everyone Achieves More" - Author unknown-